Saturday 14 June 2008

Questions you should ask when you are having Botox Dermal Filler Treatment!

If you are considering a non-surgical cosmetic treatment there are a number of questions you should ask to help you to decide whether to have a treatment and where to have it carried out.

Who will carry out the treatment?
How long have they been trained in this treatment and do they have a certificate of accreditation?
How frequently do they carry it out?
Do they have professional indemnity insurance?
Is the treatment right for me?
How long does the treatment take?
Is the treatment painful and if so what form of anaesthesia is used?
Is all equipment used sterile and used only for me?
For dermal fillers - what is the filler made of and do I need a test to find out if I am allergic to it?
For Botox® - will I see a doctor, dentist or an Independent Nurse Prescriber and will he or she prescribe the Botox®?
What are the risks involved?
Are there any other treatment options available for me to achieve the results I want?
Do you have any 'before and after' photographs that I can see?
What type of aftercare regime will I need after treatment?
Will I need pain relief following treatment?
Will I have swelling or bruising and can these be treated?
At what stage will I be able to judge the results of treatment?
Will I be reviewed after the treatment - and is this included in the price
How long do the results last?
What will be the cost of the treatment, including any materials I may need after it?
Will I need a course of treatments?

No comments: